UPDATES ON PHASE THREE OF RE-OPENING AFTER CIRCUIT-BREAKER
8 April 2021
Greetings in the name of the Lord!
Resuming Congregational Singing in Phase 3
We thank God that on 31 Mar 2021, the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) announced that religious organisations can safely resume more singing activities from 5 Apr 2021.
From 5 April, congregational singing as part of worship services will be permitted, subject to safe management measures, including:
- Masks must be worn at all times including when singing.
- A safe distance of at least 1 meter must be maintained between groups of up to 8 persons.
- No more than a total of 30 mins of masked singing in a single worship service.
Masked singing will also be permitted as part of live performances for worship services, within the current cap of 30 persons involved in/supporting the conduct of the service.
In line with this announcement, ORPC will resume masked congregational singing at our worship services starting from Sunday, 11 April 2021.
Congregation members are reminded to adhere to existing safe distancing and management measures for in-person worship at ORPC:
- Worshippers are segregated into zones holding no more than 50 persons each. There are staggered entrance/exit timings for each zone so that worshippers from different zones do not mix with one another during entry/exit. Zone A will be filled before Zone B, Zone C will be filled before Zone D, and Zone E is designated for parents of Sunday School children. Worshippers are reminded not to cross physical barriers or enter another zone that they are not assigned to. Please plan to arrive at the same time if you want to be seated together.
- There will be no mingling with one another before, during, and after the service. We seek your cooperation not to gather within the church premises after the worship service.
- Congregation members who wish to worship in person must book their places online beforehand. This is to ensure that the church keeps to the maximum limit per worship service. More details about the online booking system are given here: https://www.orpc.sg/registerservice. A maximum of 250 worshippers are allowed for the AM service while the PM service is open to a maximum of 100 worshippers.
- You are encouraged to use TraceTogether-only SafeEntry (using either the TraceTogether App or Token) for entry to ORPC worship services. SafeEntry Gateway will also be implemented.
- Worship services will be kept to a maximum of 1 hour duration to allow cleaning of the premises between services and to minimise contact between congregations.
The worship services will continue to be live-streamed, and the recording will be available throughout the day on Sunday, as before.
Please prayerfully consider returning to regular Sunday worship with us in person as we move towards a resumption of more gatherings safely at ORPC.
Though no fellowship time is possible in the church premises before, during, and after services, you are encouraged to have fellowship in groups of up to 8 persons outside of our worship services so that we may continue to be connected to one another as the body of Christ.
Yours in Christ,
Rev Dr Clive Chin
Senior Minister, Orchard Road Presbyterian Church