ORCHARD ROAD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
ADVISORY ON THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (UPDATED 8 FEBRUARY 2020, 3.30PM)
Dear ORPC members and worshippers,
The Ministry of Health (MOH) in Singapore has raised the virus alert level to DORSCON Orange. This indicates that the Coronavirus status is severe, spreads easily from person to person, is contained and has not spread widely in Singapore.
In light of this, Session has implemented the following measures with immediate effect:
- Sunday worship services, and certain ORPC events, will carry on with the following precautions taken in line with the MOH advisory on large-scale events:
- Temperature screening and registration of all worshippers and participants will be carried out at the designated entry point (outside the Sanctuary or Dunman Hall). Those who have taken their own temperatures before Sunday worship services can declare their temperature at the screening station.
- Entry will be denied to worshippers who have a body temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher, are unwell with respiratory symptoms like cough or runny nose, or have recent travel history to mainland China (within 14 days).
- Holy Communion will be served using pre-filled communion cups with wafers.
- Children in Sunday School will not gather for worship but will go straight to their classrooms.
- The following gatherings will be suspended until further notice:
- Sunday School creche.
- After-service fellowship.
(including AM service breakfast corner, guest table and PM after-service fellowship).
- SoCM Adult Sunday Classes.
Please help us keep ORPC free of the Novel Coronavirus by observing the following:
- If feeling unwell or if your body temperature is 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher, please avoid church and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If you have travelled to mainland China in the last 14 days or suspect that you may have been in contact with someone who has been infected, please exercise caution and quarantine yourself at home even if you do not have any symptoms.
- Wash your hands or disinfect them regularly. Minimise contact with each other (e.g., avoid handshakes) for this season but do greet and encourage each other in the Lord always.
- Do plan to be at church at least 15 minutes before service starts as there may be some congestion during temperature-taking and registration.
- Please follow the instructions of those taking temperature and registration even if you do not agree with these measures. Encourage them as they are serving the Lord and helping to keep the congregation safe.
Like everyone else, we are monitoring the situation closely. We will continue to take direction from official MOH advisories and updates. Let’s individually play our part, pray for God’s protection, and trust in His faithfulness.
Yours in Christ,